This is not an original idea. I just got this idea from LittleMissBento.com. You can read the complete how to make omurice and deco omelette instructions here. I also wrote how I made my omurice below.
An omurice is an egg-wrapped rice. Deco omelette is just a scrambled egg with design that looks like a wallpaper, but it is thick and it has designs that also uses eggs.
This is my first time to do this. It doesn’t look perfect. But I love how it turned out. I think I will create omurice and deco omelette more often.
Bunny Omurice and Deco Omelette Recipe
- 2 Eggs
- Cookie cutter or bento shape cutter
- Take one egg and separate the yolk. Bit and remove the gooey egg parts. You ma also add dissolved cornstarch if desired. I didn’t use cornstarch.
- Beat with fork the egg yolk with the other whole egg. Remove or strain the bubbles.
- Butter the frying pan and heat with very low heat.
- Pour the whole egg mix and cook under very low heat. This takes longer to cook than regular fried eggs.
- When the eggs are about to be cooked, turn off the heat and the remaining heat will cook the egg for about half a minute.
- Remove the egg from the pan and lay it flat on a plate or your cutting board.
- Use cutters and cut out shapes. Keep the cut outs separated.
- Carefully return the whole egg sheet in the frying pan.
- Using a spoon, pour some egg white mixture in the cut outs.
- Cook the egg in very low heat until the egg whites are cooked.
- Remove the egg deco omelette sheet and use it as rice wrapper.
What’s in the Omurice Bento?
- Plain rice (you may use fried rice)
- Egg (Deco Omelette)
- Banapple’s Chunky Chocolate Chip Cookie
- Jack and Jill Pretzel Chocolate Biscuits
- Scotts Vitamin C Mango Flavor